Following was the original call for entry.
THE ART CALL IS NOW CLOSED!
- create a postcard 10 x 15 cm (portrait or landscape)
- the theme of the artwork relates to “IN BETWEEN” (this could be a feeling, a momentum, a location etc. etc.)
- indicate on back: your name, country of origin, date of work, your social media and/or web site, a valid email address (to receive notice in case your work is sold)
- send the postcard without envelope (postmark needs to be stamped)
- mail to: weissfeder, “in between”, Sonnenbühlstrasse 30, CH-8405 Winterthur, Switzerland
- mailing deadline: August 31, 2016
- by mailing your art, you accept all rules and restrictions stated in this call
- all fiber related techniques are allowed (e.g. hand/machine stitch, crocheting, knitting, sewing, weaving, bead embroidery, fabric collage, patchwork, crossstitch, lace…)
- all ages and skill levels are welcome
- up to 3 (three) works per artist
- only original and exclusive works are allowed
- no works will be returned
- the Swiss Hand Embroiderers’ Guild denies all responsability for any loss, theft, breakage or damage of the works
- all works will be shown in a one-day pop-up gallery at the “Kulturraum Langeweile” (shared artists’ studios) in Winterthur in September or October 2016
- the Swiss Hand Embroiderers’ Guild is responsible for appropriate advertising
- all works will be for sale during the exhibition for CHF 35.- each (whereof CHF 30.- goes to the artist and CHF 5.- to the Swiss Hand Embroiderers’ Guild to cover organizational and administrative expenses)
- artists, who’s work was sold, will be noticed by email within 5 business days after the exhibition to clear payment transaction etc.
- all works will be shown in an online gallery on this site
BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPATING ARTISTS
- visibility of his/her work
- enrichment of curriculum (physical exhibition)
- possible small monetary benefit